HAS runs an extensive exhibition program each year. Our program comprises key annual events:
- HAS Volunteers Exhibition (held in January / February each year)
- HAS Young Artists Competition (held in April each year)
- HAS Members Exhibition (held in July / August each year)
- HAS Christmas Exhibition & Makers Market (held in December each year)
Together with these annual exhibitions, we run a number of one-off exhibitions and provide opportunities for supported solo and group shows for local artists throughout the year.
Here’s what’s coming up for the remainder of 2018 –
- HAS Members Exhibition 24 July – 12 August
- HAS 9 x 5 Exhibition 14 – 26 August
- Berowra Artists Exhibition 26 August – 9 September
- Hornsby Art Prize (Partner Exhibition with Hornsby Shire Council) 17 – 28 October
- HAS Anzac Exhibition 6 – 11 November
- HAS Christmas Exhibition 4 – 16 December;
- HAS Christmas Market Day Sunday 9 December
Framing Standards for Hornsby Art Society Exhibitions.
Art Societies and Galleries all have differing requirements and standards for framing artworks to be hung in their exhibitions. For this reason, it is most important to carefully read the “Conditions of Entry” for each exhibition you are entering. In so doing, always keep in mind, the necessity to protect other artists’ work from damage which can occur when artworks are placed next to each other.
At Hornsby Art Society, we are fortunate to be able to exhibit at Wallarobba, which has a full gallery system using drop wires and hooks.
For details of framing standards of Hornsby Art Society and Partner Exhibitions, Click Here.