In addition to completing a landscape painting step by step, we will look at brushwork, tone, composition, colour, drawing, edges and how to paint from photographs.
The workshops are aimed at intermediate artists but would also be very suitable for beginners.
Acrylic painters can be accommodated if they can mix colour well.
The workshop will concentrate on;
– Tonal recession
– Capturing light in a painting.
– Managing greens in the landscape.
– What to amplify, what to reduce and what to eliminate from a subject.
– Creating your own interpretation of a scene.
– Developing a method to quickly paint in the key elements of a scene.