HAS Volunteers Exhibition - 2019
Terms and Conditions, and Entry Form
Delivery and Collection of Works
- Delivery of works is between 4pm – 6pm on Sunday 17 March 2019 in the Hornsby Art Society Office at Wallarobba Arts and Cultural Centre, 25 Edgeworth David Avenue, Hornsby.
- Collection of works is between 4pm – 6pm on Sunday 31 March.
- The maximum number of works per entrant is three, subject to space considerations.
- All artworks must be the original work of the entrant and signed by the artist.
- Artwork may be in any medium, including 3D sculpture.
- The Exhibition is open 10am – 4pm Thursday – Sunday during the Exhibition Period Thursday 21 March – Sunday 31 March 2019.
- As a condition of Entry all participating artists must fulfil one four hour shift on the Exhibition Staffing Roster during the Exhibition.
Exhibition Entry Fee and Commission
- There is no entry fee for this exhibition. Sales will be managed by HAS with a 25% commission on all exhibition sales retained by HAS.
Presentation of Works
- Framed Works – All framed artworks must be properly mounted or framed and hung by D rings. No cup hooks, screw eyes or protruding metal or wire. No wet paintings will be accepted.
- Works on stretched canvases need not be framed, but must be presented in a neat, professional manner, with finished edges & no staples visible.
Identification of Works
- Each Entry must be labelled clearly with your name, telephone number, title, and price or NFS on back of work.
Limitations to size of artworks
- In general, hanging works are not to exceed 1m x 1.5m, including framing. There is scope for the entry of larger works – please call us first to see what space would be available to accommodate your work.
- Weight of artworks is not to exceed 10 kg.
Selection of Works
- Works will be hung or displayed by the HAS Hanging Team, subject to adherence to the conditions outlined.
- HAS reserves the right to reject artworks or craft items that are deemed unsuitably presented for sale.
- The Exhibition will be promoted through the Society’s own website, through Hornsby Shire Council and other promotional websites, via Facebook, Instagram and other social media, via banners and local newspapers.
- HAS reserves the right without limitation to reproduce images of all artworks entered in the Exhibition for a catalogue, publicity, advertising or archival purposes in any manner connected with the exhibition or our HAS sponsors, including future books that may be produced by HAS relating to our organisation or our exhibitions.
- Artists are encouraged to provide images of their works, so these can be promoted via the means listed and on a variety of advertising materials.
- Artists are particularly encouraged to promote the Exhibition to their friends, families and artistic network
Artists Exhibit at their own Risk
- Hornsby Art Society, as exhibition organisers, take all reasonable care in handling and dealing with the artworks submitted for exhibition.
- However, the organisers will not be responsible for any loss or damage incurred to any of the artworks entered. Neither the organisers nor the venue hold insurance to cover theft, accidental or malicious damage to any artworks entered into the exhibition and entry is at the risk of the artist.